Seeking Him-Get a Grip!

Get a Grip!

by Robin Velasquez on Thursday, June 24, 2010





Let me put it to you straight: If you speak nothing but negative things, your asking for a negative life.
Pro 18:21 tells us, " Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit." So if you are running around all day complaining and griping about your situations, how much pain your in, you think your coming down with something, saying your never going to get out of the hole, guess what? Every word that you speak is a seed. That seed will grow and produce a fruit. Now, its up to you. You make the choice on which seed your going to plant. Are are you going to speak the promises of God or the 'feelings' in your soul?

Speaking the Word of God is powerful. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."" God is telling us that He wants good things for us. So if you are not seeing ALL the good things you should have, I want you to pay attention to the way you are talking and thinking. I guarantee that if you change your words and thoughts like 2Cr 10:5 explains to us, "... bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ" and start thinking on "whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them]"Philippians 4:8, your life can and will completely turn around. Then in verse 9 he tells us to " Practice what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and model your way of living on it, and the God of peace (of "untroubled, undisturbed well-being) will be with you."

For the last 2 weeks I guess, I have been having trouble with my thoughts and letting them go around and around in my head until I became so down on life that I was miserable and in turn I was making my family miserable. I then remembered that this is a battle between my flesh and my Spirit. Where do negative thoughts come from? Not from God! So if we let those in and then speak them out I think its safe to say that we do not have the mind of Christ. That's what I was doing. "I am never going to get anything done with these two kids. I'm never going to be able to finish this book. I'm never going to get a nap." All these dumb things were having a time in me and broke me down. I had to make the decision that I can do all these things with my two kids. So I spoke it out. Yelled it actually. I WILL NOT BE MOVED! Rom 12:2, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will." If we let all the negative thoughts and things of the world in, it will destroy us.

Make the decision today to only think positively and ask the Lord to renew your mind whenever you need it. He is faithful and He says that all we have to do is ask.
 

Comments

Popular Posts