Skip to main content

Seeking Him-Going Deeper, Getting Closer



Going Deeper, Getting Closer
by Robin Velasquez on Thursday, April 15, 2010



On Wednesday I got a phone call regarding a financial situation that had previously gone sour. On this phone call everything was turned around. Our financial state is once again going to be stable. I know that this is just one of many blessings that the Lord has for us.

I was worshiping at home on Thursday morning and the song "I need you more" came on. As I listened to the words, "I need you Lord, more then yesterday", I realized that we as people can have a tendency after being blessed in any way to say, "Thanks God for giving me what I needed. Until next time, over and out!"

Something that was interesting in all of this is that on Wednesday morning while I was worshiping (this is a daily thing for me), I was singing to God that I don't want what they have out there. I only want Him. I only need Him. I want His presence to reside in my home and I want to carry His presence with me everywhere I go. See, God nev
er ever leaves our side. It is US who leave His. Another thing I was singing, I know you are always with me. But when I am with you, I can say to the mountain "be moved in Jesus Name". When I am with you, I can stand before the giants and not be afraid. When I am with you, I know nothing is impossible. When I am WITH you.

Receiving this huge blessing out of no where didn't make me say "thanks God" and then turn my back. It made me so hungry for more of Him. I have been diving in the Word to find out just who God is and what He's like. I want to know Him. I said to Him, "I want to be found in you, and you found in me!" Galatians 2:20 says,"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." And I am so serious about it. I love Meredith Andrews song "Deeper". That is my hearts cry! If you see me, I want you to see Jesus. I want you to know the love I have come to know in Christ.

Did you realize that you can change things in your life and in your home by praying in the Spirit starting out with 10 minutes a day? The first day I did this God blessed me when I wasn't even looking for it. Now I'm not saying that this will happen for everyone on the first day, but if we are faithful to stay with Him and press into Him and His Word, He will see it and bless us for it. He wants a relationship with every person that He created. The attribute of God that stood out to me most was that He is personal. He wants to spend time with us. He wants us to know Him and WANT to be with Him. Not just do "good things" because we are supposed to, but because we want to.

All I really know is that I want to know my Savior, my Creator, my Abba. I will not let a day go by without worshiping and pressing into His presence, without reading in the Bible what He has placed in my heart or without seeking Him with my all my heart and all my soul. Deut. 4:29 says, "But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you WILL find Him IF you seek Him with ALL your heart and with ALL your soul." This is what I intend to do for the rest of my life on this earth.

I am so excited about my walk with God. I know that He is taking me out of me shell no quicker than I can handle. But taking me out nonetheless. I have been noticing things about me, like how I am when I'm alone and how I am when I'm around others. This is the start of becoming God's best version of me. Finding the things that need work and allowing God to make the necessary changes.

Comments

Popular Posts