Seeking Him-Who is God and What is Love?

Who is God and What is Love?

by Robin Velasquez on Thursday, September 30, 2010


In the Bible we read in 1 John 4:16 "And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him." So right there we learn that God Is LOVE! After I read this a week or two ago, the Holy Spirit brought new insight to it, a new revelation. I started to read scriptures on love and noticed that you can replace the word 'love' and insert 'God' and it will bring a whole new perspective to the meaning of love.

Lets look here at 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 and insert God next to love, "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love(God), I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love (God), I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love (God), it profits me nothing. Love (God) suffers long and is kind; love (God) does not envy; love (God) does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; love (God) does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love (God) never fails." So God is love and if He lives in us and we in Him, this is how we are to act and react. My favorite part in this passage is verse 8 where love never fails. God never fails! Ever! So if we have the love of God in our hearts and are faithfully walking in Him, He will never fail us, no matter what we are going through.

God loves you. He wants to know you intimately and He wants you to know Him just the same. He wants you to know the fullness of His love so that nothing you put your hands to will fail. He only wants the best for us! And what can be better then to be loved and carried by God.

I hope this encourages you to dig into the Word and seek out God's unfailing love. Ask the Holy Spirit to quicken your heart and soul and mind to this amazing love that is there for the taking. All you have to do, is receive it!
 

Comments

Popular Posts