Skip to main content

Seeking Him-Going Through the Motions?

Going through the motions?
by Robin Velasquez on Monday, June 28, 2010

Are you simply going through the motions? What IS going through the motions? Lets sit back and think on this. I believe going through the motions is nothing more than religion, just doing what is necessary and acceptable in the eyes of people.

I personally have noticed myself going to church and expecting nothing extraordinary from God. I am simply going through the motions. This has to change. Now in my home life, I expect great things from the Lord every day. I read the scrip

ture James 4:2 "...You do not have because you do not ask God." OK so how may of us ask God for things? I'm sure all of us have. Now why are some reasons that we do not receive what we ask for? Verse 3 explains one, "When you ask, you
do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives..." Or maybe we don't know how to receive the healing or blessing. In James 1:6 NIV he tells us, "But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt..." The NKJV says it this way, "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting..." What is the point of asking for something if we turn around and say, "well I know this just isn't going to work out"? You must believe, have faith. We must also not forget to PRAISE the Lord for what you are asking of Him. I have been reading books where these people were having awesome encounters with the Lord. So I thought," Well how come I have never had an encounter with you Lord?" He told me to ask. So that night right there in bed I spoke out loud, "I want to have encounters with you God!" Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God". I made my request known to God. I asked Him in faith to have encounters with Him. I praised Him because I know He is faithful and will show Himself to me in new ways.

If you are going through the motions in church, at home, at work, I encourage you to start asking God to meet you every where you go. Ask the Lord to teach you something, to see through His eyes, to know His heart. Ask Him how you can bless Him. By blessing the Lord you will be blessed in doing so. A proven way to bless Him is by simply praising Him. What does the Bible say about this, "But You [are] holy, Enthroned in the praises of Israel" Psalm 22:3. God inhabits our praises. What an awesome thing! You can make the decision to stop doing only what is expected and start doing the extraordinary. Ask God to show you how to 'step it up' in your walk with Him. Remember that when you pray or have someone pray for you to actually say, "Thank you Lord! I receive it in Jesus Name!"

I don't know that this went how I thought it would, but I hope it makes sense to you and encourages you to step out of the ordinary day to day walk and into a fresh new excitement with the Lord. God is so good and faithful. Be blessed.
 

Comments

Popular Posts