Who's fault is it?




As I was getting ready for my son's field trip today I was thinking about how kids will tell you anything. Even things you wish they wouldn't. In my thoughts I was replaying the other day when I said something about my husband in front of my two kids that I didn't really mean. I was simply upset and having a bad day. However I still said what I was thinking without realizing what I was saying.

Later my husband came home from work and went through his daily routine of asking all of us tons of questions about our day. My son decided to tell his daddy what his mommy had said about him. I thought, "Here we go. Now because of him, I'm going to be in trouble." He preceded to tell daddy, and thank you Lord my husband knows us all so well, especially me, and laughed at it all.

When I reached the blaming part in my thoughts today, the Holy Spirit pointed out that it wasn't my son's fault but mine. I'm the one who said what I shouldn't have said; not him. He was just honestly answering his daddy's questions. I was so quick to point the finger at someone else in order to take the blame off myself.

Do you find yourself doing this too? I now see I do it a lot. Which is not something I'm proud of. But know that I realize I'm doing it I can change. My prayer today, and most likely from now on, will be for the Holy Spirit to help me with this.



Psa 141:3 Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.

Thank you Father for revealing this to me. I now see how often I do this and I ask that you will daily guard my thoughts and my mouth. Let only things that glorify You proceed my lips. I give You praise and thanks. Amen


Pin It!

Comments

Popular Posts