Losing a Loved One

Most of us have lost a loved one at some point in our lives. It is so hard on family and friends when this happens. We find ourselves saying, "I wanted to go down and see him and to congratulate him on his graduation." "I wish I would have just made time to see her." "I didn't get to tell them I loved them." So many things run through our minds; sadness, unbelief that they are gone, and the biggest, regret.

While I sit here and mourn a cousin, I find myself thankful for the years of knowing this fine young man. Although it has been nearly a year since I had last seen him, I remember the words we spoke to each other and the genuine smiles he gave. I am grateful that he was raised to walk with the Lord, and I know I will see him in heaven one day.

Losing a loved one brings a wave of reflection on our lives and how our day to day interactions with people can be life changing. The greatest thing we can do in our lives is to show and share the love of Jesus. A genuine smile, an encouragement or a helping hand can go a long way to those that are lost. By showing love and that we care can spark an interest in the other person as to why we are kind and care. It can easily open a door to leading them to Christ. We never know what lies ahead in our lives or theirs. Choose to make a difference in someones life today, tomorrow, and the next day. Let His love shine through you. That love could save a soul for eternity.


"1There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It!

Comments

Popular Posts