Lesson from a goldfish



A lesson from a goldfish


It's pretty amazing how God can speak to us using other people, music, scripture, poems, and even animals. My lesson came about through our goldfish.

We have 3 goldfish that were all won at the county fair. Our smallest fish, Precious, came down with what I believe to be dropsy-a fatal fishy disease. My kids and I began to pray for our little goldfish. God loves all His creation so we believed He would heal Precious.

After a few days of praying, praising, and thanking God, Precious started eating again and the swelling in her eyes went down. We were so excited! We continued to thank God for healing our little fishy but stopped praying. Well after a couple of months, she is no longer eating or swimming around again.

The lesson I got from this is that even when it seems the miracle has come, and maybe it has, it may not be complete yet. I now see that it is important to continue praying, praising, and thanking God for the miracle even after if comes. I didn't know she would have a re-laps of this and since I thought she was healed I stopped praying for her. I was still thanked God for healing our little fish each time I fed them.

Let me say this, God is faithful! He cares about each one of us, our friends, our family members, and yes, even our pets. If you are praying and believing for a breakthrough, a miracle, healing, some sort of financial situation, don't stop praying, praising, and thanking God for it. It will most likely come when you are not expecting it or need it the most. It will be His timing and His way. And sometimes we don't get what we pray for because it may not be good for us or because He has something better. Whatever it is, keep the faith and believe because He hears you and He knows exactly what you need. 

I really have no idea if our little Precious goldfish is going to make it or not, but I will continue praying for her and believe that we will see her completely healed! I know, its just a goldfish, but its our pet. We love to watch the three of them swim around and splash and chase each other around the tank. I have seen her healed near completely before so I know it can happen again. God is good! All the time!
Be blessed and don't lose faith!

7“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.” Matthew 17:20-21 Pin It!

Comments

Popular Posts