Let's Be Real



I'm going to be real with you here. In the past and even up until recently I have been afraid to let people around me know that I am a christian. Why? I don't know really. Fear that they will look at me funny or reject me altogether I suppose.






But something in me is changing. I am becoming bold, saying things like, "Praise God!" "I'm praying God's will for you" to teachers, softball and baseball coaches, even friends and family who may not feel the same way about Jesus as I do. Yes, some may reject me and look at me funny when I am around but it's OK.

I have come to realize that when trouble comes into their lives they know who to call for prayer and encouragement. How can I pray for and encourage the lost when they assume I too am lost and possibly discouraged? How could they know to come to me so I can cry out to God on their behalf, and possibly lead them to the Lord? The can't unless I let them know I have faith in the One who created them!

I have reached a point where not acting like everyone else, how I talk and act, is no longer enough. I want people to know why I don't talk and act like they do. Why I never worry about what may be happening around me or what may be going wrong. Why I set myself apart from those who may bring me down. The lost and hurting need to know that we are there for them. To hold them up when they feel like they have hit bottom. To encourage them when they need it most. To let them know God is near and wants to help; He just needs them to give Him the OK. 





"You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste (its strength, its quality), how can its saltiness be restored? It is not good for anything any longer but to be thrown out and trodden underfoot by men.You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a peck measure, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all in the house.Let your light so shine before men that they may see your moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and honor and praise and glorify your Father Who is in heaven." 
                                                                      Matthew 5:13-16 AMP

We as believers are to be the light shining in the darkness. I am determined, now more then ever, to let my light shine without fear of what people may think of me. I will not be ashamed to show those around me that I love Jesus.  I want them to know that He is there for us all and that He loves each of us so much that He was willing to die on a cross so that we can all live with Him for eternity and have a relationship with God unhindered while here on earth.



Pin It!

Comments

Popular Posts