Love on the Line--book review

Love on the Line
by Deeanne Gist

About the Book:

Love on the Line  -     
        By: Deeanne Gist
    
 In 1904 Texas Ranger Luke Palmer arrives in Brenham, Texas, with one goal--to capture the gang of outlaws led by Frank Comer. Undercover as a telephone repairman, he uses his days on the range to search, not realizing there's another pair of eyes watching him.

Georgie Gail, switchboard operator and birder, heads out on a birding expedition, but instead of sighting a painted bunting, her opera glasses capture her telephone man, armed and far away from telephone lines. Palmer is forced to take this alluring troublemaker into his confidence and unwittingly puts her in harm's way. The closer he comes to the gang, the further she works her way into his heart--and into trouble. Soon it's more than just love that's on the line.

My Review:

Deeanne Gist is in my top three of favorite authors. I have loved each and every book of hers that I have read. Including this one. The first paragraph had my attention and kept me reading.

I have never read a book where someone is so into birds which made this story kind of silly yet set it apart from all the rest. Add to that a switchboard operator as well and you have a unique mix in a character.

What lady doesn't want to read about a Texas Ranger?! I admit, I enjoyed Luke Palmer's story. What a twist at the end of the story that I hadn't guessed until over half way through the book. My guess was correct though I won't mention what about. You'll have to grab a copy and see for yourself. 

What I loved about the story is the strength of Georgie and Luke's unwavering faith. They totally trust that God is in control, and that He will take care of all that is going on. This was refreshing because there is normally one person who has doubts. 



Check out Deeanne Gist's website to find more of her great and entertaining books along with a sneak peak at her upcoming title.

Purchase your copy of Love on the Line at amazon.comchristianbook.com (they have the hardcover on sale for $4.99), or your favorite local book store. Pin It!

Comments

Popular Posts