Like a Rock




Psa 62:6           He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.

Isa 26:4           Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock.

1Sa 2:2            No one is holy like the LORD! There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.

Mat 7:24          "Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.



I was thinking on how the Chevy motto is “Like a Rock.” My mind went straight to the Word on how God is to be our rock, our foundation, the cornerstone in our lives. When He is our Rock, our foundation, our house will not crumble. We will be able to stand through the storms and not be washed away.

Isa 28:16         Therefore, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: "Look! I am placing a foundation stone in Jerusalem, a firm and tested stone. It is a precious cornerstone that is safe to build on. Whoever believes need never be shaken.

Luk 6:48          It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built.

Eph 2:20          Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself.



So what am I getting at? If we want to stand through all that comes our way, we need to have a firm foundation. That foundation needs to be built on the Rock, Jesus. We need Him to be the foundation of our lives, of our being. We need to be in the Word learning, we need to be conversing with God every day. I believe this is how we build a firm foundation on The Rock.

Have a listen to this new song by Kim and her husband:

Pin It!

Comments

Popular Posts